We are currently looking for leadership volunteers to join the Worcester leadership team and help us get back out onto the streets of Worcester. If you are interested, please contact us at [email protected].
StandUp for Kids – Worcester was founded in 2006. Volunteers started street outreach in 2008 and it became an official program in November of that year.
In September 2009, we opened our first outreach center at the Wesley United Methodist Church. This outreach center was closed in February 2011 and a Food Backpack Program was started at the Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School. Funding was obtained and volunteers worked with school counselors to provide food to fill backpacks for 15 students for three school seasons.
The Worcester Program opened our current outreach center in April 2021.
- Street Outreach two times a week
- Apartment/Room support through the Center – sheets, blankets, food pantry items, assistance to attain needed furniture
- The Center is open two times a week on Wednesdays from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM and Saturdays from 11 AM to 1 PM.
- The revised Backpack Program is available through the Outreach Center site. Youth coming into the Center can sign up to get weekly backpacks of supplies to be picked up at the Center.
- The Worcester Program received Program of the Month in June 2009.
- 19 youths assisted at the outreach center in 2019
- 140 meals provided to youth in 2019
- 140 youth assisted via street outreach in 2019
- 263 food bags handed out via street outreach in 2019