Welcome to StandUp for Kids – Washington DC!
Since 2000, StandUp for Kids has empowered youth up to age 25 who are without homes or at-risk for homelessness in the Washington, DC area. As a small, passionate, all-volunteer organization, we use a combination of StandUp for Kids national activities and collaborations with local organizations to provide our youth with the most effective tools and resources for success.
- Mentoring: help youth complete education, gain employment, sustainable housing, improve life skills, and secure vital documents
- Street Outreach: volunteers work in pairs and/or small groups to connect with DC youth every Monday evenings from 6-7pm. We meet at the Portrait Gallery G St steps.
- Drop-In Center: StandUp for Kids drop-in center is now open! We welcome youth without sustainable housing, up to age 25, at both of our drop-in centers. These are spaces to eat, relax, connect with peers, and build relationships. Pass along to someone who needs help.Sundays, 5:45-8pm
1317 G St., NW
945 G St., NW (near Gallery Place metro)
- Resource Guide: Need help or know someone who needs help? Check out our resources and list of organizations we recommend to our youth in our resource guide.
- Volunteering: We are eagerly seeking new volunteers to help with Street Outreach, Mentoring, and to staff our Drop-In Center. Join us for the opportunity to impact DC youth by establishing a connection and building trusting relationships that let them know that there are adults who genuinely care about them and their well-being.
Sasha Bruce Youth Drop-In Center
Case management & resources
741 8th Street SE
Covenant House Sanctuary Youth Shelter
511 Mellon Street SE
Daily, arrive by 8pm
DC Doors Youth Drop-In Center
24/7 (all day) Resource Center
900 Rhode Island Ave NE
For the District of Columbia’s Emergency Shelter Hotline call 1-800-535-7252
If experiencing a crime, fire, or medical emergency, call 911
If experiencing a suicide, crisis, or mental health emergency, call 988