Give a Legacy

With a planned estate or legacy gift to StandUp for Kids, you have the opportunity to combine your charitable giving and financial planning goals. Your gift will help us move closer to ending the cycle of youth homelessness for the thousands of youth we serve throughout the United States.

Ways you can give

  • Bequests in your will or living trust
  • Designating us a beneficiary
  • Giving a charitable IRA rollover
  • Setting up trusts and annuities

Bequests in your will or living trust

Have you remembered StandUp for Kids in your will or living trust? Doing so allows you retain control of your funds/assets during your lifetime and brings no risk to your living financial security.  Note that you can modify or revoke this for any reason, and bequests are exempt from estate taxes. Here is language you can provide your attorney:

I give to StandUp for Kids, Inc., a 501(c)(3) charitable organization whose national office address is 200 Nelson Ferry Road, Suite B Decatur, GA 30030 and whose tax identification number (EIN) is 33-0414855, ____ [insert either a dollar amount or a percentage] in support of its full mission.

Designating us a beneficiary

Designating StandUp for Kids as the beneficiary of your asset is the simplest way to give, has no cost, and doesn’t even require a trip to your attorney. You can designate us as the beneficiary on life insurance policies, commercial annuities, financial accounts (checking, savings, etc.), and charitable rollovers.  Simply contact you’re the institution that manages your account and request a beneficiary designation form. For purposes of completing the form, our legal name is: StandUp for Kids, Inc., 200 Nelson Ferry Road, Suite B Decatur, GA 30030. Our tax identification number (EIN) is 33-0414855.

Giving a charitable IRA rollover

Under the PATH Act of 2015, you can make a gift to charity from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA), and take advantage of tax savings.  According to Forbes, “once you reach 70 ½, you can make up to $100,000 a year in gifts to charity directly from your IRA. Those gifts count towards the required minimum distributions you must take annually from your traditional IRAs, but aren’t included in your adjusted gross income.”  The distribution must come from your plan administrator directly or from your IRA checkbook. StandUp for Kids, Inc., Attn: Charitable Giving, 200 Nelson Ferry Road, Suite B Decatur, GA 30030.

Setting up Trusts and Annuities

A life income gift provides you (and your loved ones, if applicable) with income to help meet financial needs while you’re alive, and allows you to make a future gift to StandUp for Kids. These gifts range from charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder unitrusts and charitable remainder annuity trusts. No matter which is right for you, you are helping to create a legacy of support in our mission to end the cycle of youth homelessness. Learn more about trusts and annuities, and consult your financial advisor to get started.


  • If you have any questions, please contact our national office staff at 1-888-365-4KID or at [email protected].
  • We do not accept gifts of timeshares.
  • The information provided on this page is for educational purposes only. For legal or tax advice, we recommend contacting your legal or tax advisor.