In a nutshell
Several of our locations across the United States have brick-and-mortar spaces where youth can drop-in to rest, receive a hot meal, receive healthcare, meet with our volunteer counselors, and receive help with applications for housing, school, and/or citizenship. Some locations also accommodate shower and laundry facilities.
Space to thrive
The intent and purpose of our Outreach Centers are to provide safe and protective environments for homeless and at-risk youth. An Outreach Center helps provide the support network of basic human needs and development through educational programs, one-on-one counseling, and an ongoing atmosphere of hope and concern.
Outreach Center highlights:
- A safe environment to rest
- A safe place to make meaningful relationships with caring adults
- Referral services for available programs throughout the community
- Meals and snacks
- Hygiene products
- Job referral service
- Telephone message and mail service
- Housing support (and assistance with furnishing an apartment)
- Identification services (birth certificates, Social Security cards, etc.)
- Structured life-skills and other wellness activities
Where are our Outreach Centers?
8 locations: Arizona (Tucson), California (Oceanside, Orange County, San Diego, Silicon Valley), District of Columbia, Illinois (Chicago), Virginia (Hampton Roads).