Volunteer Training Checklist
All leaders and volunteers who work with youth must complete our training checklist. You must be 18 or older to work with youth in our local program.
1. Online volunteer orientation
You must also complete the form linked on slide 67 of the orientation.
2. Attend basic training
Basic training is in a dynamic classroom setting and we schedule them about once every 6 weeks. Check out our calendar or see below:
- Next Date: Monday, March 29, 2021, from 6 to 8pm Eastern.
- Location: Virtual Meeting on Zoom - link will be sent to all who RSVP.
- RSVP: Please email email@example.com to take this training, or ask to be put on the list for future training dates.
3. Submit paperwork and get your background clearance
We require all trainees who wish to become volunteers to:
- Complete and submit this waiver.
- Submit a copy of your government ID and payment of $30 to complete your background screening. Details are here.
- Ask 3 people to submit digital character reference forms on your behalf. Give them this link: http://bit.ly/sufkdcref (these can be coworkers, supervisors, mentors, teachers, spiritual leaders, and others who know you in a professional setting for at least one year, and who can speak to your capacity to work with vulnerable youth).
4. “On the ground” experience
After basic training and passing of background check, you will be added to the email distribution to sign up for volunteer opportunities and shifts. Respond as indicated and show up. If you desire to do street outreach or counseling at the Outreach Center, you should shadow twice at the Center first.
5. Three online training lessons
Download each lesson and submit each lesson’s quiz online. Each one should take you about 30 minutes or less. It may be helpful to have two internet browser windows open while you complete each lesson – one with the PDF and the other with the quiz. Take the quiz as you go along. You will receive your scores automatically at the end of each quiz. You can do this step before you attend the in-person training.
6. Self-assessment of your learning
After you complete all steps 1-5 above, complete this post-training self-assessment survey.
Once you complete all of these steps, you will be officially designated as a StandUp for Kids Counselor. Congratulations in advance!