Welcome to StandUp for Kids - Washington DC!
Since 2000, StandUp for Kids has empowered youth up to age 25 who are without homes or at-risk for homelessness in the Washington, DC area. As a small, passionate, all-volunteer organization, we use a combination of StandUp for Kids national activities and collaborations with local organizations to provide our youth with the most effective tools and resources for success.
- Mentoring: help youth complete education, gain employment, sustainable housing, improve life skills, and secure vital documents
- Tutoring: assists with educational needs (including obtaining GEDs) and offers one-on-one tutoring services through Community Cares partnership with HousingUp
- Street Outreach: Street Outreach: volunteers work in pairs and/or small groups to connect with DC youth every Tuesday evening from 6-8pm
- Drop-In Center: StandUp for Kids drop-in center is now open! On Tuesdays 6-8pm, homeless youth up to age 25 should come to 945 G St., NW in Gallery Place for a space to eat, relax, connect with peers, and build relationships. COVID protocols are in place. Pass along to someone who needs help.
- Resource Guide: Need help or know someone who needs help? Check out our resources and list of organizations we recommend to our youth in our resource guide.
- Volunteering: We are eagerly seeking new volunteers to help with Street Outreach, Mentoring, Tutoring, and to staff our Drop-In Center. Join us for the opportunity to impact DC youth by establishing a connection and building trusting relationships that let them know that there are adults who genuinely care about them and their well-being.
For additional information on our volunteer opportunities, please email our director of volunteers, Jason Ellis.