Are you a young person in need of services?
You are not alone. We have 17 locations across the country, most of which offer street outreach. Some also have outreach centers and other things to help you. If you dial our toll-free number, 1-888-365-4543, you will be automatically directed to the program closest to you based on the area code you call from. You can also look up local contact information to make direct contact with a program in your area.
- National Runaway Safeline: 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929), www.1800runaway.org – a crisis care hotline that can provide you with assistance 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The NRS can connect you to help and hope through hotline, online and offline resources. NRS also provides a family reunification program offered in collaboration with Greyhound bus.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255, suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Covenant House: www.covenanthouse.org – for youth between the ages of 17-21 and living on the streets or in a home that is not safe, Covenant House is in 21 cities across the United States, Canada and Latin America. Their crisis shelters are open 24 hours a day with the promise of a hot meal, a warm bed and the chance to rebuild your life.
- Transitional housing programs for homeless youth: 1-800-621-4000, www.benefits.gov
- Aunt Bertha: www.auntbertha.com – an easy-to-use directory that is connecting programs with people across the country.
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD, www.childhelp.org.
Emerging and ongoing needs