In a nutshell
Once we’re successful in helping kids get off the streets, the real test begins. If it takes nine months to get someone into housing, it may take twice that long working with them in an apartment environment before they feel fully capable and comfortable with taking care of themselves. Housing support teams will monitor their situations, and help young renters build a life centered around their community.
Building stable homes
Housing may include, but is not limited to, helping with the following:
- Assistance in locating and taking care of an apartment
- Life skills training, including the fundamentals of living alone and supporting one's self
- Developing a follow-up plan after being placed in an independent living situation
- Weekly food baskets
- Counseling and moral support
- Referrals for medical and dental support
- Housing stipends
Where are our Housing programs?
11 locations: California (Oceanside, Orange County, San Diego, Silicon Valley), Georgia (Atlanta), Illinois (Chicago), Massachusetts (Worcester), Texas (Houston, San Antonio), Virginia (Hampton Roads), Washington (Kitsap County).