Volunteer Training Checklist
All prospective leaders and any volunteer who wants to work with youth must complete all five steps of ur training checklist. Please note, you must be 18 or older to work with youth in our local program.
1. Online volunteer orientation
You must also complete the form linked on slide 63 of the orientation so we can follow up with you.
2. Attend basic training
Training is mandatory for all StandUp for Kids volunteers who work with our kids or take a leadership position in our program. This training session will teach you what you need to be a volunteer mentor or in StandUp for Kids - Olympia/Thurston County.
- Next Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 - 6 to 8pm
- Location: Virtual Meeting on Zoom - link will be sent to all who RSVP. To RSVP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to take this training, or ask to be put on the list for future training dates.
- Future 2020 training dates: July 11th, August 8th, September 12th, October 10th, November 14th, December 12th. In general, our trainings are 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM but this is subject to change and for now, all trainings will be done virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information on upcoming trainings, please email email@example.com.
3. Submit paperwork and get your background clearance
First, please download the paperwork packet. Then you can use Adobe or another PDF filler to complete these forms and email them back as instructed. Or you can print them out, scan them back into an email format and email them back to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot process your background investigation without a copy of a government-issued ID.
4. “On the ground” experience
After basic training and passing of background check, you will be provided instructions and ways to sign up for our activities with youth. We want you to shadow experienced volunteers a few times to get the feel for what we do and before we decider together whether this is right for you.
5. Three online training lessons
Download each lesson and submit each lesson’s quiz online. Each one should take you about 30 minutes or less. It may be helpful to have two internet browser windows open while you complete each lesson – one with the PDF and the other with the quiz. Take the quiz as you go along. You will receive your scores automatically at the end of each quiz. You can do this step before or shortly after you attend the in-person training.
Once you complete all of these steps, you will be officially designated as a StandUp for Kids Counselor. Congratulations in advance!