We continue to be open 5 times a week even during COVID, and looking for additional volunteers to serve in our Outreach Center, The Village. All volunteers must complete the steps below and email Mario as described. If you are interested in virtual volunteer opportunities and not working directly with youth, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Training Checklist
All volunteers must complete all steps in our training checklist. You must be 18 or older to work with youth in our local program
1. Online volunteer orientation
You must also complete the form linked on slide 65 of the orientation.
2. Attend basic training via Zoom
- Next basic trainings: September 20th at 1 PM and September 25th at 6:30 PM. These trainings are done virtually via Zoom.
- RSVP: You must email Mario, our Director of Volunteers, at MarioR@standupforkids.org to sign up and receive the Zoom room link.
3. Submit paperwork and get your background clearance
You can download paperwork and scan materials and email to MarioR@standupforkids.org. We cannot process your background investigation without a copy of a government-issued ID. Be sure to fill out all information.
4. “On the ground” experience
After basic training and all paperwork received to conduct your background check you will be added to the volunteer sign-up email list. Respond as indicated and show up.
5. Three online training lessons
Download each lesson and submit each lesson’s quiz online. Each one should take you about 30 minutes or less. It may be helpful to have two internet browser windows open while you complete each lesson – one with the PDF and the other with the quiz. Take the quiz as you go along. You will receive your scores automatically at the end of each quiz.
Once you complete all of these steps, you will be officially designated as a StandUp for Kids volunteer. Congratulations in advance!