StandUp and Move!
WE ARE STILL MOVING FOR KIDS.
Although our event ended October 12, we are taking donations through October 31 toward our first ever virtual nationwide event, StandUp and Move. We already surpassed our first target of $50,000 and are closing in our second one of $63,100. Help us get across the finish line! When you donate, you are making a huge difference in the lives of homeless youth who are counting on your support during this pandemic like never before.
The power of your donation
As a donor to our non-profit organization, your donations are tax deductible. You can choose to donate by selecting one of our teams, which include 16 of our amazing chapters in local communities across the country, as well as the Nationwide organization (where your dollars will be put to areas of greatest need).
You can even donate on behalf of an individual who has created an individual campaign to support their team. Once you select a team, you then have the option to select an individual participant's pledge page within that team.
Your contribution will fund life-saving and life-changing programs for homeless youth from the ages of 12 to 24 across the country. All youth deserve bright futures, and your generosity helps make that happen.
Donations to the event are welcome through October 31, 2020.
Please thank our sponsors!
TITANIUM EVENT SPONSOR
Youths' Friends Association
Silicon Valley: Lil Red Knitting Hood
Chicago: 4 Star Restaurant Group
Worcester: Cornerstone Bank
About the event
The work we do to help homeless youth across the country get back on their feet would not be possible without amazing volunteers and supporters like you. It’s because of your dedication that we have a 30-year history as a nationally-recognized organization fighting to end youth homelessness. To show our thanks, we created a virtual run/walk/bike event that united us all together in a safe, healthy way for an important cause.
Registration closed October 12. This virtual event was like no other. You can catch the pictures of all the fun across the country through #StandUpandMoveforKids on:
DId you participate and have a photo to share or story to tell. Get on your social media and use #StandUpandMoveforKids!
As a participant, you had LOTS of ways to customize your experience when registering:
- You chose the distance you want to MOVE! Was it 1 mile, 5K, 10K, or a half-marathon distance?
- You chose how you want to MOVE! Did you walk, run, bike, wheel, or just cheer others on?
- You chose where and when to MOVE! You picked any time during our virtual event weekend, Thursday, October 8 through Monday, October 12, 2020. Then moved outdoors or inside - wherever you felt safest and most comfortable.
- You chose how you want to support StandUp for Kids! You assigned the proceeds from your $45 registration fee to our national organization where it will strengthen areas of greatest need. OR, you supported youth in your own community by selecting one of 16 participating local chapters where we are engaged in life-changing work every day with homeless youth.
- You received some great swag! Once you registered, you got a StandUp and MOVE race bib, commemorative cloth face mask with our logo, and a durable sticker. Plus, you’ll get a performance t-shirt designed by one of our youth in the mail after the event weekend. And if you’re a competitive runner, you kept track of your time to be eligible for a speed medal. This is an unbeatable package.
- You could sign up more than one person at a time! You made it a family or friendship event focused on healthy lifestyles AND giving back.
- You got to choose the impact you want to have. You got friends and family to donate to the cause and cheer you on through their support. In fact, all registrants will be able to personalize and advertise their individual StandUp and MOVE pages if they want, and top fundraisers will receive prizes and medals!
- You, most importantly, joined us in this fight to end the cycle of youth homelessness.
Thank you for all YOU do to make futures brighter for homeless youth, and for fueling StandUp for Kids over the past 30 years to do just that in communities across the country.