StandUp and Move!
Thank you for moving with us!
StandUp and Move was our first ever virtual event that brought together supporters and advocates all over the country to run, walk, bike, wheel, skate, and dance their way toward an end to youth homelessness.
Held October 8-12, 2020, this event attracted 275 participants, 340 donors, 8 sponsors, and raised $59,605! The total amount well surpassed our initial goal of $50,000. Wow!
Today, thanks to you, StandUp for Kids is able to face the critical issue of youth homelessness a little bit stronger. You are making a huge difference in the lives of homeless youth who are counting on your support during this pandemic like never before!
You can catch the pictures of all the fun across the country through #StandUpandMoveforKids on:
Please visit our sponsors!
TITANIUM EVENT SPONSOR
Youths' Friends Association
Silicon Valley: Lil Red Knitting Hood
Chicago: 4 Star Restaurant Group
Worcester: Cornerstone Bank
About the event
The work we do to help homeless youth across the country get back on their feet would not be possible without amazing volunteers and supporters like you. It’s because of your dedication that we have a 30-year history as a nationally-recognized organization fighting to end youth homelessness. To show our thanks, we created a virtual run/walk/bike event that united us all together in a safe, healthy way for an important cause.
Registration closed October 12. This virtual event was like no other. Did you participate and have a photo to share or story to tell. Get on your social media and use #StandUpandMoveforKids!
As a participant, you had LOTS of ways to customize your experience when registering:
- You chose the distance you want to MOVE! Was it 1 mile, 5K, 10K, or a half-marathon distance?
- You chose how you want to MOVE! Did you walk, run, bike, wheel, or just cheer others on?
- You chose where and when to MOVE! You picked any time during our virtual event weekend, Thursday, October 8 through Monday, October 12, 2020. Then moved outdoors or inside - wherever you felt safest and most comfortable.
- You chose how you want to support StandUp for Kids! You assigned the proceeds from your $45 registration fee to our national organization where it will strengthen areas of greatest need. OR, you supported youth in your own community by selecting one of 16 participating local chapters where we are engaged in life-changing work every day with homeless youth.
- You received some great swag! Once you registered, you got a StandUp and MOVE race bib, commemorative cloth face mask with our logo, and a durable sticker. Plus, you’ll get a performance t-shirt designed by one of our youth in the mail after the event weekend. And if you’re a competitive runner, you kept track of your time to be eligible for a speed medal. This is an unbeatable package.
- You could sign up more than one person at a time! You made it a family or friendship event focused on healthy lifestyles AND giving back.
- You got to choose the impact you want to have. You got friends and family to donate to the cause and cheer you on through their support. In fact, all registrants will be able to personalize and advertise their individual StandUp and MOVE pages if they want, and top fundraisers will receive prizes and medals!
- You, most importantly, joined us in this fight to end the cycle of youth homelessness.
Thank you for all YOU do to make futures brighter for homeless youth, and for fueling StandUp for Kids over the past 30 years to do just that in communities across the country.