Are you interested in working at the StandUp For Kids National Office in Decatur, Georgia? Join our small but mighty team that is led by our mission to end the cycle of youth homelessness, one youth at a time. We are currently hiring for two positions, a full-time development coordinator and a part-time accounting clerk.
Positions filled as of 9/17/18. No new applications are being accepted. Thank you for your interest.
Will report to the Board Fundraising Committee with functional supervision from the national finance director. This newly created position is a full-time position. Work will be performed in our Decatur office, with occasional local travel for donor meetings. The Fundraising Development Coordinator will reports to the Board Fundraising Committee at this time, with functional supervision from the National Director of Finance.
- Fundraising and Cultivation Activities (15%): Assume a lead role in planning and executing all fundraising events, mixers, Friend-Raisers. Manage event logistical details, serving as the point of contact for vendors (i.e. catering, venue, printing), supporters and sponsors, volunteers, tables captains, and attendees. Create event communications such as save the dates, invitations, e-blasts, programs, and other materials with professionals as needed. Organize auction procurement efforts, working closely with the procurement team, and prepare auction materials. Work with speakers to develop event programs and run of shows. Record and track event data and constituent information, including budget information, registration lists, and results. Coordinate other seasonal or special events such as capitalizing on arising fundraising opportunities, driving cause marketing campaigns, and overseeing donor appreciation/cultivation events.
- Giving and Donor Stewardship (30%). Contribute to planning, discovery and development of fundraising plans to achieve annual goals for the organization. Collaborate with the Board or Fundraising Committee on updating and monitoring the annual development calendar to ensure year-round engagement and stewardship of donors. Monitor and ensure the appropriate follow up occurs with donors and supporters. Process donations, generate and track tax-receipts and acknowledgement letters. Contribute to e-news communications, drafting content for supporters and donors). Arrange campaign logistics for individual solicitations such as our Holidays Annual Appeal, Giving Tuesday, and May Giving Day.
- Corporate and Foundation Relations, Including Program Support (25%). Contribute to planning, discovery and development of fundraising plans to achieve annual goals for the organization. Conduct grant and sponsorship research. Contribute to the design and development of sponsor materials as needed. Fulfill sponsorship recognition and benefits as needed. Complete matching gift forms and protocols as needed. Assist with sponsor acknowledgement efforts.
- Operations, Infrastructure, and Other Roles (30%). Manage data entry and development of our donor database , email distribution (Greenrope), and website donation pages. Provide Board, Staff and Chapters with reports on their fundraising efforts including monthly NFG and PayPal. Direct projects and assignments for Development Intern(s). Schedule and attend Development Committee meetings, attend Board meetings.
- Essential Qualities and Qualifications. Excellent, high quality written and verbal communication skills. Understanding of and belief in the organization’s mission, vision, and values. Mission and values driven with a strong commitment to youth. Demonstrated experience and comfort in fundraising, soliciting for donations, and/or planning major events (Bachelor’s degree or higher and 5+ years of prior experience with nonprofit development preferred) or transferrable for profit sales skills. Accountability, strong dependability, and impeccable integrity. Detail-oriented and proactive approach to managing time-sensitive and competing workloads. A quintessential team player with a willingness to support colleagues outside of one’s primary responsibilities. Ability to ask for/receive and offer assistance or leadership when and where needed. Open to and appreciative of feedback, responsive to direction and coaching. High quality communicator. Enthusiastic self-starter operating with sustained energy and showing great initiative.Positive disposition and if not funny, at least good humored.Comfort working with a diverse base of support and stakeholders, including community leaders, volunteers, donors, other nonprofit organizations, agencies, and corporate partners. Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (experience with databases, auction software, and other electronic fundraising systems a plus). Highly ethical, particularly in working with confidential or sensitive information, and the ability to pass a background check. Flexible schedule outside of typical working hours, with the ability and willingness to work occasional nights or weekends as necessary.
- Physical Demands. Maintain dexterity, vision and coordination, sufficient to perform essential functions. Ability to sit for extended periods of time 6-8 hours daily. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- We offer. Salary & competetive benefits, discussed during interview.
- How to apply. [position filled]
Will provide accounting and administrative support to the Director of Finance and Program Directors; ensures that daily accounting functions run efficiently. Reports To Director of Finance. Status: Part-time, 24 hours weekly, at a rate based on experience.
- Essential Functions. Review and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, billings, employee reimbursements and vendor statements. Review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports. Manage petty cash and credit card transactions. Maintain cash receipts log of all donations received from Programs and Donors. Process NSF checks and maintain all records pertaining to NSF checks. Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from QuickBooks. Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies. Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws. Process background screening for prospective volunteers. All filing of cash receipts and disbursements. Assist Director of Finance with the annual audit. Check and disburse mail. Answer incoming phone calls. Constantly update job knowledge. Complete special projects as assigned.
- Competencies. Ethical Conductâ€‹. Self-Starter. Minimum Supervision. Time Management. Organization Skills. Financial Management. Project Management. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Supervisory Responsibility. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Work Environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to move about; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday; expected number of weekly hours is 24.
- Required Education and Experience. Associate Degree in Accounting or Business preferred. Minimum of two years of accounting experience. Proficient in QuickBooks, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Other Duties. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply. [position filled]