LGBTQ+ Affirm Program
Our program offers emotional support and encouragement to assist the homeless LGBTQ youth (12-24) in Silicon Valley with the resources available in our community. LGBTQ individuals experience homelessness at higher rates, especially those under the age of 25, with those identifying as transgender almost tripled.
Our Outreach Center, The Village, for homeless and at-risk youth creates an inclusive and welcoming space where volunteers are trained in LGBTQ cultural competency which includes the basic terminology and develop respectful ways to interact with each other. Our center has an all gender bathroom and a clothing room to help youth present themselves the way they want to.
We can provide:
- Assistance meeting basic needs
- Connections to LGBTQ resources
- Housing & Shelter referrals
- Help with legal name change
- Medical and Mental Health referrals
- Assistance with rent
Over the last several years we have grown our reach within the community allowing us to partner with various LGBTQ nonprofits and organizations such as Silicon Valley Pride, The LGBTQ Youth Space, Planned Parenthood and this year we became a member of the Rainbow Chamber Silicon Valley.
Thrive as an Ally in Your Community!
- Use people's communicated names and pronouns
- Use gender neutral language as often as possible
- Address the use of slurs/harmful language when you hear it
Together we can make a difference. Support charities and nonprofits working to make the world more accepting of the LGBTQ community.