Serve on Our Boards
Serve on our national board
StandUp For Kids is seeking national board members with a strong sense of integrity, commitment, and dedication to implementing our mission in the community.
Approximately 10 Board members serve staggered three-year terms beginning in January. The board meets quarterly in person and regularly communicates by email and telephone. We are proud of our current board’s diversity in terms of experience, skillset, employment, geography, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin, and socioeconomic status.
Our Ideal Board member will possess the following characteristics:
- Committed to the mission
- Strategic oriented
- Values transparency and integrity
- Excels at finding and sustaining resources
- Focused on results
- Communicates regularly
- Committed to expanding the organization's circle of friends
Expectations of all board members are to:
- Participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Communicate and promote StandUp For Kids mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with our finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of StandUp For Kids.
- Financially support StandUp For Kids in a manner commensurate with one's ability.
Serve on a local advisory council
Some of our local programs operate an Advisory Council. The Advisory Councils in general will consist of 4-8 individuals who volunteer their time to provide a variety of services to help fulfill the organization’s mission and strategies at a local level. Advisory Council members are selected based on their ability to bring unique knowledge and skills which complement the knowledge and skills of the Executive Director and Leadership Team of StandUp For Kids to more effectively guide the organization. The name advisory implies friendly advice, not direction nor fiduciary responsibility. Members are expected to bring their expertise and acumen to bear on strategic planning, proposed policies, allocation of funds, public relations, community needs assessments, and the like. Members will receive no remuneration of any kind for their services, except the knowledge that they are truly making a difference in the lives of young people and the world we live in! A financial give-or-get may be required. Contact the program closest to you to inquire about service in this capacity.