Our National Conference is Less Than a Month Away!
August 31 2018
The StandUp For Kids National Conference is a highlight of the year, and something you will remember for the rest of your life. It is the biggest effort to bring us together and serve under one big banner. The location of our 2018 conference location will be Atlanta, Georgia, and will run from Friday, September 28 through Sunday September 30. The energy, the excitement, the connections, and the skills are just too important to pass up!
- Agenda and registration: Find this info at standupforkids.org/conference. Registration closes September 10.
- Conference location: The American Hotel, located in Downtown Atlanta, Georgia. The $149/night room block must be booked by September 10.
- Invited: ALL program volunteers, staff, leaders, advisory council members, youth and alums, national staff and board members, donors, and other supporters.
- Fees: No cost to attend conference, including meals, social events, great workshops, a conference shirt, and swag. You pay for travel and lodging.
- National Awards: We are giving out up to 9 awards on Saturday night at our annual awards banquet. Executive Directors, Board Members and Staff are welcome to send in nominations in four different categories by September 14.
From Kelly Field, the host program's executive director: "You will be staying in the heart of downtown and there are many things to do before, during or after the conference that are centrally located. We are excited to be hosting this year's conference and look forward to showing off our city."
From past participants:
- “The national conference is a great way for the chapters to connect, share best practices ideas, and meet other great volunteers!”
- “Great learning experience and a great opportunity to get to know people I work with.”
- “Alone, I'm but a match in the dark, but with my team, I'm a torch. Let teams across the nation unite and become one torch to shine bright for homeless youth in all our cities.”
- “This National Conference is a must for any leader in StandUp For Kids if we are truly committed to our kids. Meeting and learning how others operate in the same organization with their individual styles is priceless. It gives us other ways to consider when assisting our kids.”
We can't wait to see you in Atlanta. Go to standupforkids.org/conference to learn more, and speak with our national staff or your local program director if you're interested in registering.