Five Reasons to Attend SUFK - Orange County's Spring Gala
April 9 2018
Living here in Orange County, it’s easy to get distracted by the beautiful beaches, sports cars and wealth that is in abundance in sunny southern California, but the ever-increasing cost of living makes it very challenging for many of our residents to survive.
According to the Orange County Department of Education, there are over 27,000 homeless students enrolled in a K-12 Orange County school. On top of that, there are additional homeless youth who aren’t in school and young adults who, in many cases, aged out of foster care.
StandUp For Kids strives to end the cycle of youth homelessness by building communities that provide a support system and access to resources that prepare them for independence and the ability to thrive. Since 2003, the StandUp For Kids Orange County chapter has been supporting our community through street outreach, outreach centers, mentoring programs and apartment support. In 2017 alone, StandUp For Kids - Orange County helped support over 350 un-duplicated youth.
So here’s where you come in...
Our 2018 gala on May 19 in Costa Mesa will help us raise funds for a “House of Hope” to provide 6 emergency shelter beds, an outreach meeting space, and office space for our staff and volunteers. We need your help in making the event a success and enabling us to meet our fundraising goals. In case you need more convincing, here are five reasons you should join us at the gala:
- Help us end homelessness. Your contributions to the event will allow us to mentor and support more young people in Orange County, which will enable them to become thriving and contributing members of our community and economy.
- Networking. Get to know other businesspeople in our community who are fighting to help make things better. You can even share your company’s support for our organization by becoming an event sponsor.
- Enjoy a night of fun with dinner, dancing, and entertainment. Bring your family, friends, or business partners to join you for a night to remember while supporting a great cause.
- Win great prizes at our live and silent auctions throughout the night.
- Start working on your 2018 tax deductions by supporting this important and impactful organization while teaching your family about the value of helping others.
The event will take place on May 19 from 6-10 pm at the Chuck Jones Center for Creativity. Click here to learn more and reserve your space now. For more information on sponsorship, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.